Monday 9 January 2012

Carphone Warehouse Response

Continued from here:

I have had a break from this over Christmas, but I am now wondering what Carphone Warehouse take on this is. Maybe its just a mistake.


I have emailed their complaints team with the following email:




My phone, that was just under 6 months old developed a fault and stopped charging. I contacted E2Save and they told me to take it to carphone warehouse for repair. I took it to the Middlebrook Bolton branch and they took it for repair. After a week it was sent to a central rapair centr, it came beck 3 weeks later with a blurry picture of the USB port saying it isnt covered for repair due to water damage. After reading many review sites this didnt surprise me. It seems to be a common issue with your repair team. Interesting how they didnt spot to water damage the first week it was at your middlebrook repair centre.

I wasnt happy about this, I have never had it near any water or moisture and took the appropriate care as you would for a £500 phone. I was assured by the assistant at the store that carphone warehouse would have nothing more to do with it. I have since contacted samsung who have taken it in for repair, under warranty. Low and behold, they fixed it saying that there was an intermittent fault with the screen. They did not mention any water damage. I am not happy with the service you have provided. If I had taken you supposed repair outcome I would be over £300 out of pocket and still have to pay line rental for 6 months on a broken phone.

I am asking for both a refund on the line rental for the time it was in for repair (19th November - 20th December) and the £5.90 it cost me to send it to the repair centre. If you cannot refund me I will be taken this case to a small claims court.

Regards Paul Diggle

I have had a reply:


Dear Mr Diggle,
Thank you for contacting the Repairs Team at the Carphone Warehouse.
At the Carphone Warehouse we take our customer’s accounts and their information seriously.    From the details you have provided we have tried, and are unable to access your account.
To help us respond to your query and provide the information you need, please provide the following details;
Account Holders Full Name
Account Holders Full Address
Account Holders Postcode
Account Holders Telephone number that we have on our records
Make and Model of handset
Please respond with the above details either by email or contact us on 0800 276 1373 and we will be happy to help.
I hope that our advice has been of help and if we can be of any further support please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Regards,
Rav Velagala
Carpone Warehouse Repairs


This is odd, they had no problems finding my details when I originally took the phone is to be "Repaired". I have replied with the only other thing I could give them, my home phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment